23 April 2010

Lanky, Lanky, Lanky, Lanky, Lancashire!


t's been a very busy week, and I'm very glad it's nearing an end. This week at work has been budgets week; we've been working out our aspirations for 2010/11 in fine detail, and for a £20m expenditure budget, that's a lot of detail! Needless to say, I'm frazzled!
Amongst the chaos of spreadsheets and calculators, I have had a little time to keep track of Lancashire's progress against Essex. James Anderson seems to have proved that the rest has done him good. I'm glad he wasn't involved in the IPL - I think fast bowlers work too hard to play cricket all the time. His return of 6 for 44 in the first innings and 2 for 14 so far in the second bodes well for the English summer, and vindicates his decision to forego the glitz and glamour of the IPL.
The domestic season for Lancashire has got off to a flying start: 
When I heard the new about Gary Keedy's injury, I was a bit anxious about the Lancashire spin attack. Keedy's one of those unsung veterans of English cricket, and I thought Lancashire might miss him badly. Then I hear about Kerrigan, the new talent from Preston! On debut against Warwickshire he took a total of 7 wickets including 5 for 43 in the second innings. I can guarantee, we will hear more about the latest Prestonian cricketing talent!
The other thing that excites me about Lancashire's prospects is the naming of this season's overseas players. Simon Katich and Shiv Chanderpaul are set to wing their respective ways to Old Trafford for part of the season, and given last year's failaings with the bat, it's good to see this kind of name appearing in the Lancashire squad list.

No comments:

Post a Comment