2 December 2008

Reflections on BAP - part one

I said I'd post something about my recent experience of a Bishops' Advisory Panel (BAP), and this is the first opportunity I've had since we returned home. I did try to post whilst I was away, but the lack of wireless network and the frailty of Windows mobile, I failed in my aim. Anyway, better late than never.
I must make it clear that I do not yet know the recommendation of the panel (we were told that we would hear from our own bishop (or DDO) within 2 weeks of the end of the panel), so my opinions are free from the bitterness/relief that I may soon feel.
Having spoken to friends who have been through the process themselves, I was anticipating a supportive and friendly environment, and this is exactly what I found. I have to say, though, that even in a friendly and supportive environment, the process is very daunting. 
Part two to follow soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment