19 July 2010

Business as usual

After my earlier posts (here, here, here and here) about the surprising lack of precipitation in the North West, I can happily say that normal weather conditions have now resumed. For the last week or so, we have had rain nearly every day. Some days (like today) have seen torrential downpours. I note, though, that United Utilities still have a hosepipe ban in place, despite the excessive wetness.
At first, the return of the rain was a relief. I know the gardens and grassy areas are now looking healthier. I just wish it would stop now; just for a minute or two. We haven't seen the sun for ages!
In writing this post, I've realised that I grumble on about the weather with alarming regularity. I suppose it shows I'm truly British.
58 days

No comments:

Post a Comment