As I said in a previous post, I've been thinking about our move in September. We haven't moved house in a few years, and since University we've lived in the same area. It suddenly dawned on me that there's a lot to do in preparation for the move; especially as we'll be taking a massive income drop. We can't afford to pay a month of extra council tax or student loan payments, so for once in my life I'll need to get organised.
In a bid to do this, I thought I'd have a bit of a brainstorm here:
- Council tax - need to find out what we'll need to pay and whether we get any benefits or rebates. I know I'll get a discount as a student, but that's all I know so far. We also need to make sure Lancaster City Council know when we're moving.
- Tenancy - need to notify landlord of intended move date and end of tenancy.
- New house - need to sign a contract and find a deposit.
- Removals - need to book some assistance with this - hoping my uncle can help here!
- NI and tax - this has always been a mystery to me. I should probably check if there are any implications of my change in status half way through the year.
- Student loans - I only have a bit left to pay on my loan, but when I become a student again, I won't be paying! Probably need to let the lovely folks in Glasgow know what's going on.
Then there's all the things I keep forgetting about:
- Need to find a vet and register the felines
- Need to find a dentist with vacancies (and fill in HC1 forms!)
- Need to work out where the nearest doctors' surgery will be in Cambridge